Galaxy on Fire 2 – Supernova is the second expansion pack for Fishlabs Entertainment’s award-winning outer space adventure Galaxy on Fire 2. The new story of Supernova involves a cataclysmic stellar event which threatens to annihilate the whole Midorian sector, displacing millions and creating fresh border tensions with the neighbouring Nivelians. While Keith T. Maxwell is engaged in humanitarian missions to extract refugees from the affected areas, he is asked to become an emissary to the Nivelians to negotiate peace and aid. This leads to unexpected intrigues and deceptions, as the sector becomes increasingly hostile in the chaos of the disaster. The events of Supernova could be Keith’s greatest challenge so far, as besides walking a fine political line, and coping with the deteriorating affects of intense gamma rays, he must now tackle an unknown and powerful stealth enemy intent on making the most of the bad situation.
The Supernova add-on will offer at least 10 hours of action-packed sci-fi gaming at its best. It will not only contain an all-new story line with dozens of new characters and missions but also tons of red-hot content such as new space ships, star systems, blueprints, weapons systems, gameplay features and commodities, just to name a few!
|Click here to buy Galaxy on Fire 2 HD from the App Store! The Supernova Add-On is out now!
We’re keeping our fans up-to-date about the development of the new add-on via our exclusive developer diaries, which will be published on our blog every two weeks and fill you in on the latest news and happenings in the Supernova camp. We’d love to welcome you among our readers and read your feedback in the comments!
Always hot for action and eager for his next adventure, Keith T. Maxwell is the kind of guy who just can’t sit still. In order to make sure our star pilot doesn’t get bored and always has enough adrenaline pumping through his veins, there is a ceaseless stream of exciting and enthralling missions for him to take on.
The most recent adventure we have in store for Keith is the Valkyrie HD add-on, which sends him out on his most dangerous journey to date. It is specifically optimized for all iOS devices from the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 upwards, as well as the BlackBerry Z10 and the Xperia PLAY. Valkyrie HD can be obtained via in-App purchase for $ 4,99/EUR 3,99/GBP 2,99.
In Valkyrie HD, Keith must infiltrate the remote Valkyrie station and task himself on perilous missions to gain the trust of Cornelius Tenner and his mysterious employer, Alice. In this new story, Keith gets to pilfer, then fly new Vossk spaceships and find his way to the the secretive Deep Science research station. He even has the possibilitiy to buy his own space station!
Special features of the Valkyrie HD add-on:
- All 3D models rebuilt from scratch for console-quality visuals
- Assets, such as jump gates and asteroids, feature even more textures and up to four-times the original resolution
- Individual texture sets for all 30 spaceships including diffuse, normal, and specular maps in High Definition
- Enhanced background images and resolution on space environments and planets for a crystal-clear gaming experience on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S
- Additional light sources for atmosphere and breathtaking realism
- Additional OpenGL shaders and post effects as well as heavily revised explosion, engine flare and muzzle flash special effects
- Native support for HD resolutions of 1024 by 768 pixel (iPad 2) or 960 by 640 pixel (iPhone 4S)
- Synchronisation of save games via iCloud and Open Feint
The regular SD-version of Galaxy on Fire 2 - Valkyrie can be obtained via in-app purchase for all iOS devices.
Special features of the Valkyrie add-on:
- New storyline complete with English voiceover
- New Vossk and Deep Science spaceships
- New weapons and equipment, including guided missiles, mines, auto-turrets, repair robots and shields
- Black market trading system
- Nine new planets in four new star systems